Monday, April 26, 2010

What's a Sneaker Head by SoleFresh


So whats your name and whats your passion?
SoleF-Oscar but some of my folks call me SoleFresh and that reflects my sneaker addiction.. ever since I was a little kid I would look at everybodys kicks and only a few would grab my attention... Jordans!

What pair started it all?
SoleF-Well the OG Infrared VIs were my first pair of jordans as a newborn, but my first pair that I bought with my own money was the Jordan Defining Moments Pack back in 2006. That started my collection or in other words, my addiction

What city do you rep?
SoleF-The best city in the world! The Go-ILL! The Windy City! Chi-Town!

What can you say about the sneaker movement here?
SoleF-Its growing without a doubt. You have the few older sneakerheads who have been collecting for years now, the younger group who has been around for some time as well, and the new cats who are barely beginning their collection and you have the hypebeasts but lets not get into that.




What is a hypebeast to you?
SoleF-Well everybody has their own meaning of a hypebeast of course and theres many different things to it.. you have the people that buy nearly every colorway of a numbered jordan or of a dunk and buy them simply for the name but not for what the shoe signifies. Also you have the people that dont know the history of a shoe (Jordan) and just buy it to fit in.

Whats that one pair you wanted and couldnt get your hands on?
SoleF-I really want OG grape Vs because my brother had those on at the hospital when I was born and they have a sentimental meaning to me..
Its hard to find a pair of those now a days.



What are your favorite sneaker spots?
SoleF-my favorite spots in the chi are Leaders, Succezz, and Niketown for general release kicks. When I want some older kicks my favorite spot is Sole Collector.com


What do you think Chicago needs or has other cities dont in the sneaker scence?
Well first off, chicago has the legacy of Michael Jordan and is the city that he built, thats big.. Thats the main thing that seperates us from other cities.. Asides from that we are a growing sneaker community slowly catching up to New York and and LA.. We also have an advantage of attaining our sneakers because there are not as many sneakerheads here as in other cities.. The only thing we lack is more boutiques that offer more rare/older shoes.. But that also has to go with how many real sneakerheads we have.. As the community will grow, so will these shops

What do you want to see that you havent seen done in Chicago?
I really want to have more sneaker conventions to be held here in the chi.. Once that begins to happen, the sneaker community will grow.. And once the sneaker community starts growing, a Flight Club Chicago would be dope.

Tell people about ATCF(CHI) as a crew and what were working on?
well we just formed this crew during this event held at succezz (the sneaker boutique) and from there, a few of us had some ideas of starting a clothing line.
Then the homie JRocks (you) came up with a design for our first shirt and we produced it and it was a succezz.

What can people expect from you in the fuuture?
well my sneaker game is def going to sky rocket once I get my finances up and more unique designs from the crew ATCF were gonna become more then a crew, a brand.

Last question what sneaker would you want to be released this year?
I really want to see cement fours to be released but only as a quickstrike. That's how I want most of the jordans to be released from here on out or at least fewer quantities.

Any shout outs?
And I just wanna send a shotout to all my ATCF fam. Were holding the game down from here on out. And shotouts to the sneakerheads in the chi

1 comment:

SoleFresh said...

Dope stuff.



Do You Believe La Dream...I DO!