Monday, May 3, 2010

YNotMyDream Interview


So whats your name and what you do?
YNMD-Anthony Carrillo and I run an up and coming Chicago blog site.
About?
YNMD-Underground and (some) mainstream Hip Hop music in general.
So how did it all start and whats the name of the site btw?
YNMD- The name of the site is YNotMyDream and it all started with one song and one artist..The song was Day N Nite and the artist was KiD CuDi. When Day N Nite first bursted out into the house party scene I quickly fell in love with it. I fell in love with it so much that I started to research it. I than landed on CuDi and started researching him and then landed on more of his music. I found his sound very unique. It was nothing that I ever heard before since before coming across CuDi I was only familiar with music on the radio and TV. After looking into CuDi I then came across his fan site, DatNewCudi.com and that led me to discovering more and more sites.Becoming familiar with all the music blogs/sites out is what got me wanting to start up my own. I wanted to start up a site where I could share with others the music that I fell in love with. After a few months of not knowing how I would go about starting a blog...

What kind of things do you offer on your site other blogs don't?
YNMD-A chance. A lot of sites only tend to give artists music a chance if they have connects or a cosign from a bigger named artist. I on the other hand give everyone a chance as long as the email is written well and I can vibe to the music.

Thats whats up. What do you intend to do with the site?
YNMD-well I started it simply for the love of the music and thats how I'm keeping it. Hey if it gets big, it gets big, I'm very fine with that. But right now I'm basically using it to help me out in the future. When I say helping I mean for it to make doors a little bit easier to open. I'm hoping it will help me get into Columbia and hopefully secure a position for me in this industry.



Any projects your working on?
YNMD-No. Not at the moment. I just finished releasing two project this past month. "1" which is the sites one year anniversary project and "After This Shut Up" which is my 46 artists deep collab project with REUPspot.com

Any other hobbies you have besides working on the blog?
Naw man and shits a shame. I use to be in love with basketball and fell out of love too quick. Shit different with music though, with this I'm here to stay.

Anything people/readers should look out for in the future from YNotMyDream?
YNMD-possibly artist management and maybe more tapes. The tapes I'm taking a break from for a while but not giving up for good. I also have a few sponsored projects I'm dropping with different artists. Definitely stay tuned. I have already built many relationships with artists and bloggers and anything is possible really.

Any shout outs?
YNMD-Yea, definite shouts to all the people who have supported the site. Shouts to the people who have inspired me this past year. My friends and family who stick behind me and my dreams and last but not least...Shouts to you fam for holding me down with support and for reaching out.




YNotMyDream x REUPspot Present: After This Shut Up

Download Mixtape

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bro you know we got your back. Tony you will be big. And as for Jorge you got this too. Fro



Do You Believe La Dream...I DO!